Saturday, October 9, 2010

Beginner's Luck - But Still ...

Hi, and happy Saturday to anyone who may be reading this!

Well, my first few days were successful - this morning I weighed in at 213, for a loss of 4 pounds! Yayyy!

But it did occur to me that the first few weeks of any new weight loss regimen are like this. You tend to lose more right at first - and let's face it, a lot of that is going to be water. So you don't want to let yourself get too cocky.

Whether you've lost or gained, take a few moments to sit down and think about the past week. What did you do wrong? What did you do right? We're none of us perfect, so even if you achieved your goal of dropping some pounds, you may have done it in an unhealthy way (drinking too much diet soda or coffee, and not enough plain water and fruit juices).

And even if you gained weight, you may have gained "good" weight - like muscle! I personally am focusing less on the "diet" stuff and more on just getting up and moving around. So for me, a week where I exercised every day is a GREAT week, regardless of what the numbers on the scale say.

The point is, you don't want to focus too much on the scale. It's a good way to kind of "ballpark" your progress, but it's certainly not the only way. Use it as one of several tools for a healthy body, not the only one.

(And look at me, writing like Ms. Weight Loss Guru! I'm full of great advice - now if I can only take it for myself!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment